Wow what a couple of weeks. I have been fighting really bad to try and stay positive despite the migraines that are coming way to frequently. Other then that?? I have picked out some really cute cowboy retro fabric to make something cute for Jacob. Not sure what yet but I love the fabric. I want to do an orange, blue, brown theme in his room but those are not real popular colors at the fabric store. I did find some cute wall art I plan on making for him though when I find a moment??
Jacob moves a lot now and Ryan and the girls have al felt him move. The girls got so excited. Sarah said, "It feels like he is punching me." That sounds about right.
I am already dreaming of the fun pictures I will take of him.
This pregnancy seems so much longer and harder then the others. Maybe my memory is fading or it is true that once you hit 30 it really is harder. Who knows? OK, wait. Isn't the second trimester supposed to be the best part? I am ready for that to begin!
Symptoms: Major headaches and migraines, lots of baby movement, slight heartburn, nausea is revisiting this week, dizziness
Cravings:
French fries, the big fat kind they sell at Red Robin. I think about them all day. Don't eat them, just want to.
Aversions: Cereal. I never thought I would say that. I am trying to get creative with my breakfast foods.
Baby Jacob this week:
Jacob's blood circulation is completely functional. The umbilical cord system continues to grow and thicken as blood travels with considerable force through the body to nurture him. The placenta is now almost equal in size to Jacob.
Baby J will be getting much larger during the second half of my pregnancy. His crown-to-rump length at this time is 7.2 inches and he weighs approximately 10.5 ounces. Our growing baby is about the size of a large banana.
Baby's different organs and systems are maturing. The fetal digestive system is functioning in a simple way and Jacob can swallow amniotic fluid. After he swallows the amniotic fluid, he is able to absorb water and sugars from the fluid and then the waste is passed as far as the large bowel. Baby J swallows the amniotic fluid in order to prepare itself for life outside of the womb. Some babies consume as much as 17 ounces of amniotic fluid in a 24-hour period. He already has a high number of red blood cells and the white blood cells are beginning to be produced. Taste buds are being formed on Jacob's tongue this week also.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Week 20-21 Aug 27th- Sep 9th
Posted by Random samplings of my Delightful Life at 7:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment