CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Week 7June 1-7

I would say the week started out pretty horrible. I layed on the couch one day and cried. I just thought, "How am I going to do this for several more weeks?" Then surprisingly, after a sincere prayer, I felt better. It wasn't gone it just no longer felt so severe. We went to vegas and I felt pretty good as long as I was eating, which meant I ate a lot. I gained three pounds on our trip. It was just me and the kids most of the time so I did what I had to do to feel well.

Once we got home the intensity of being sick hit again. At least I was pretty good so we could enjoy the trip.

Joseph has now declared that he wants a brother. I guess maybe my theory's are off about the toddler knowing what we are going to have.

I am feeling more and more excited to enter the 2nd trimester and get to feel the baby move.

Cravings:
ice cream, sprite

Aversions:
I really think anything that has an odor would be considered an aversion this week. My sense of smell has been heightened and everything makes me feel ill.

Symptoms:
major headaches, nausea, heartburn, pulling in my ligaments, light cramping (slightly worried about that and I am hoping it is nothing.)

Baby Chapman at 7 weeks:

The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities we're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, our baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her/his tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Our baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry.

If you could see inside my womb, you'd spot eyelid folds partially covering babies peepers, which already have some color, as well as the tip of her/his nose and tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of our baby's brain are growing, and the liver is churning out red blood cells until babies bone marrow forms and takes over this role. She/he also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in our baby's growing intestines is bulging into it's umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her/his tiny body.

0 comments: