Wow! What a week this one has been. On Sunday I had a lesson to give for young women and I had not prepared due to our trip. I woke up Sunday feeling sicker then ever. When I finally did get up I threw up and it was one of the worst ever. I am not exaggerating. Try to focus on a lesson when you feel that sick. Whew. I was luck I made it through that day. Monday and Tuesday seemed about the same. Wednesday seemed much better and through out the week much more bearable.
I was thinking today how happy Joshua seems. Happier then normal. I realized it is because he is getting so much mommy time. When I feel so sick there is not much I can do besides lay on the couch. Which means I am readily available for story after story. And we have all enjoyed the extra snuggle time. So even if sometimes it feels like I can't handle another moment of this, their is good to be found. I need to slow do more often!
I have found myself becoming more and more interested in the idea that I meant be having twins. While I was being a couch potato today I started looking up on my phone how people knew they were having twins. (side note, I love love love my phone. I am hardly ever on the computer now, which is a good thing, because my phone will check email, do quick searches, adn I love the calendar factor also!) What did I find? Their are symptoms that can indicate you are having twins but really, they are mostly normal symptoms. The ones I found myself agreeing with where-tummy growing quickly and early, early weight gain, sickness increased and right away, hips spreading early, refuring to the baby as babies on accident, and just a feeling. Their were a lot of women who felt they were having twins and weren't. Some where insistent even after an ultrasound.
I recognize that my thoughts are probably nothing but it has been fun to entertain the idea. I go for my appointment on the 18th. I am thinking either my dates are off or I am having twins. People are already noticing my increasingly growing tummy, and really, even though this is baby number 6, showing at 8 weeks seems really early. But then I can find people on the web that say they showed at 8 weeks with baby number three non twin.
What I decided after today was that you can find anything on the internt to help confirm or deny any belief you may have. I think it can become a huge waste of time and pointless. Wed. I will more then likely find out that I am having one baby and that he she is doing well and developing great.
Joseph said to me the other day, " Mom, your tummy's a little bit big." I reminded him that I had a baby in my tummy. He put his hand on my tummy to try to feel and was disappointed when I told him the baby wasn"t big enough to feel yet. Then he asked me if it was a boy and girl and proceeded to be very grumpy at me when I told him I didn't know. He does now tell me we are only having one baby and now he wants it to be a boy.
CRAVINGS:
It changes daily, chicken, angel food cake!, Oh's cereal, shrimp
AVERSIONS:
My kitchen, (seriously I feel sick when I go in it) fish, sweaty boys, guacamole.
SYMPTOMS:
Heaviness in the uterus, hips widening/relaxing, weight gain, nausea that comes on quickly, heartburn, slight cramping or pulling in uterus, tired all the time, irritable.
BABY CHAPMAN DEVELOPMENT:
New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from our baby's hands and feet, eyelids practically cover the eyes, breathing tubes extend from babies throat to the branches of his/her developing lungs, and his/her "tail" is just about gone. In the brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. Our baby —about the size of a kidney bean — is constantly moving and shifting, though I still can't feel it.
Monday, June 16, 2008
week 8 - June 8th - 14th
Posted by Random samplings of my Delightful Life at 9:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment